Friday, September 30, 2022

Last of the Grandkids’ Knits

The hat and mittens to go with grandson Alex’s cable sweater are finished and wet-blocked.  As I’ve been eager to get on with my spinning and weaving projects (and heaven knows when I can get to finish the languishing knitting patterns), I knit an easy cap - just 1 x 1 rib throughout, with a fold up cuff via a purl turning ridge.  


For the mittens, I followed the easy Drops/Garnstudio ‘Warmhearted Mittens’ pattern, making adjustments for the gauge difference.  As the mittens are in one color and knit with a singles yarn (Lanaloft Worsted), not stranded like both pairs of Evelyn’s mittens, I knit them snugly, for warmth and better wear. 

I also changed the shaping at the tips, decreasing sts evenly around, instead of just at the sides.  It is how I always shape sock toes, too, much preferring round toes to the side-shaped toes.

Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment